Your cart is currently empty!
9 In Stock
We can ship the SW-N-S-5 immediately. If you order more than what we have available, we will hold your order and add additional units required to our production queue. The lead time for this product is shown above.
PRICE : $5.50
9 in stock
Use our laser-cut SweepSticks to aid in precisely forming N flextrack in a perfectly straight line. In addition to holding flextrack straight, SweepSticks can be used as an aid to track planning. They are also great for determining whether the desired radius will fit as planned before starting any track laying. No cheating with SweepSticks!
SweepSticks can also be used in hand laying straight and curved track; notches provide clearance for spiking. They work great for confidently centering the rail onto the wood ties. No more off-center track!
N SweepSticks track forming tools are:
- Precise! – Form perfectly straight lengths of commercial flextrack.
- Inexpensive – Priced to allow a modeler to build a library of sizes.
- Versatile – All curved and straight N SweepSticks are interchangeable.
- Robust – Don’t let the wood construction fool you, SweepSticks are cut from stable aircraft grade plywood.
- Multiple Use – Can be used to form flextrack, plan a layout, or as a tool for hand laying trackwork.
- Vast – An extensive collection of radii is available, including custom sizes.
- Compatible – N SweepSticks can be used with all types of commercial flextrack.
N SweepSticks are precision laser cut from 2mm aircraft grade Baltic Birch plywood. The multiple directions of the wood grain in plywood make it very stable and ideally suitable for SweepSticks. Each SweepStick size includes two 10″ lengths that are glued together to form a single, long piece. Additional lengths and sizes can be added to make a Sweep as long as desired.
- The end of each SweepStick forms a box joint that is interchangeable with any other N scale SweepStick.
- Centerline slots are provided for drawing track centerlines onto the roadbed.
- Clearance is provided for spiking if the SweepSticks are used for hand laying track. Note: Due to limited clearance, HOn2, HOn3, HOn30, N, Nn3, and Z scales do not have notches for spiking.
|0.36" (9 mm)
|The distance between the stock rails.
|0.013 lbs (0.006 kg)
|2mm thick 3 Ply Baltic Birch
How To Use Fast Tracks SweepSticks
How Fast Tracks SweepSticks can be used to precisely form a perfect radius in flextrack
SweepSticks - Flextrack Forming Tools
How to use Fast Tracks SweepSticks to precisely form perfect radiuses, spirals, easements, and straights in flextrack.
Creating Easements With Fast Tracks SweepSticks
SweepSticks track forming tools can be used for more than just creating perfect radiuses and straight track from flextrack. Different radius SweepSticks can also be connected together to create easements and spiral trackwork as well.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Items you may want to include in your order
344 in stock
958 in stock
796 in stock
1 in stock